Wednesday, August 20

money for my lola

for the past week, i have been missing a big part of me. ama, as she was fondly called by many is now with the Lord. anyway, enough of this drama... life must go on! and that's what i am preparing myself for. while we were at the wake, my mom, aunts and uncles were deciding on whether we do it chinese style or the traditional filipino style. my lola was chinese but she didn't live her life as a chinese. she was a kapampangan by heart. all her friends were cabalens. she spoke the vernacular like it's her native tongue. finally, my family decided to do it "halo-halo" style. hehehe =P a mix of fil-chi customs.
we decided to give her the joss money
also known as the ghost money. we had custom made a stamp that bears her name. all the paper money had her name on it. when i asked why, mom said so that "angkong (lolo) might get it and use it." huwaaaaaat??! may ganun ganun pa pala..anyway, i helped in the money making process, that is folding the special paper into a lumpia like shape. lolzz =)) here is the output....dandandandan (drum roll)
ama is rich now. i think we have made a million for her. i personally believe that when a person joins our Creator, wala na siyang kakailanganin. andun na lahat. basta i respect whatever my ancestors believe. basta walang affected, go ako! hehee

No comments:

Post a Comment

opinion